Wednesday 13 March 2019

The SPFL know SFA

What a storm that was and that was just on the Stranraerfc Facebook page!Looks like the dust is settling on a good discussion on the FB page and the blame for last nights late call off looks like landing at the Spfl doorstep,where they don’t seem to be believe technology at millions of pounds,and are dismissing weather alerts etc 2 days beforehand.Yours truly always goes by the BBC forecasts and they are very rarely wrong and I sit and watch Countryfile on a Sunday to see what to expect during the week,1,000s of Farmers do the same and maybe the big wigs at the Spfl could do the same and put a big red warning on certain forecasts.The arguments of course against this is that games would never get played,but I’m talking severe weather probably forecasted winds of 40 mph plus and the wee triangle of weather disruption.I think the real problem is people hate change,but although in my veteran stage I enhance change,especially if it’s in my pocket.But the same system has been used for years and don’t expect rapid changes.I was quite happy the game didn’t go ahead last night,I believe we are a better team than Brechin City and at this stage of the season we don’t need lottery conditions.I digress and onto our massive game on Saturday at Ochilview on Saturday.’This is another Cup final’ so P J Crossan tells us in his latest interview on the excellent Stranraer fc Page,and honestly I’ve never been to as many cup finals in my life supporting the blues.Although Stenhousemuir might have improved after the January window I have watched the blues beat Stenny quite comfortable on 3 occasions this term and if the attitude is right a clean sweep of the Warriors should be on the cards.No injuries to report as yet on the game and you would have to  think the same 11 who went down to East Fife last Saturday will start.Hopefully a good travelling support up from Stranraer and local blues fans to cheer us onto 3 valuable points.The next time you read my blog I will be another year older,but I can assure you no wiser.And finally.You know,somebody actually complimented me on my driving today.They left a little note on the windscreen,it said’Parking Fine’.So that was nice.😎⚽️

No comments:

Post a Comment